What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assisting the manufacturing process including:
• Operating a panel saw
• Operating an edge-bander
• Cutting aluminium profiles accurately
• Handheld drill operation
• Cutting glass
- Bench work with the production team – assisting and learning to manufacture sliding wardrobe doors
- Finalising and packaging products for shipment/delivery
- Receiving supplies including MFC board/glass & aluminium – this includes some lifting and moving
- Keeping the production areas clean and tidy
- Following all Health & Safety standards
- Following production guidelines including completing production paperwork
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Intermediate Level 2 Apprentice Furniture Manufacturing, including NVQ and functional skills maths and English. Work based learning.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The Company may wish to interview applicants before the closing date, resulting in the vacancy being filled before the given date.
Reality Check35 hours p/w, Monday to Friday 8:30 - 16:00, 1 hour lunch
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredOther Basic Maths (Grade n/a) Desired
Other Standard English (Grade n/a) Desired