The role will cover all aspects of beauty therapy treatments in line with legal, industry and organisational requirements, maintaining honesty, integrity and confidentiality.
Duties, training, responsibilities whilst being supported in a small team will include the following:
- Carry out beauty therapy treatments in line with legal, industry and organisational requirements, maintaining honesty, integrity and confidentiality
- Carry out, maintains and stores detailed and confidential beauty treatment consultations with clients, choosing the most appropriate treatments and products
- Implement and practice safe ways of working for themselves and others in accordance with legal, beauty therapy and organisational requirements
- Facilitates the client journey, makes appointments, completes the services and handles payments from clients
Select, use, and apply a range of beauty therapy techniques, products, tools and equipment to provide:
- Waxing services (legs, underarms, face and bikini line)
- Hand and nail treatments
- Foot treatments
- Facial skin care treatments
- Eyelash and eyebrow treatments
- Make-up application
- Basic massage treatments (back, neck and shoulder)
Full-time permanent employment prospects will be considered for apprentices who work hard and demonstrate commitment throughout the apprenticeship.
This can be a busy salon so you must be prepared for a hectic schedule.
You may be active for a lot of the day.
Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship.
All applicants regardless of entry requirements will be emailed an Initial Assessment to complete as part of the recruitment procedure. This is an online assessment in English and maths and can be completed at your preferred location remotely.
Currently, due to COVID19 we are not offering Initial Assessment appointments at either campus. Those without the stated entry requirements or awaiting GCSE/GCSE retake grades, will be offered further advice and guidance to support their application if required.
- Literate and numerate
- Communication skills
- You will have a passion for wanting to begin a career in this industry
- Good personal presentation and ability to empathise with customers is essential
Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) including maths and English.
Level 2 Beauty Therapist apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
College Attendance: Ipswich Campus day release.
Training for all job specific tasks will be given. In addition the apprentice will have the support and guidance of a qualified assessor from the college, who will make on-site visits every 6-8 weeks.