What will the apprentice be doing?
Elior Universities have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join their team as and Apprentice Barista.
The role is within the Roehampton Uni. We are a fast-paced team that thrives on creating a strong team ethos to achieve our goals. We are a friendly bunch with a staff retention rate of around 40% lower than average.
Key responsibilities( full training will be provided):
- Ensure full area of responsibility is clean, appropriately presented and stocked at all times
- Making coffees on a traditional machine.
- Ensure thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of menu and special offers in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients
- Be responsible for smooth operation of relevant equipment reporting any maintenance issues in line with procedures
- Operate the till point as required throughout service, ensuring correct procedures are used
- Ensure all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures
- Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures
- You will be responsible for ensuring the kitchen and service area is always clean, well presented, and well-stocked. In addition, you will keep up to date with menus, offering a warm and friendly service.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As an apprentice you will achieve a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member specialsing in Barista, which is delivered in the work place by Babcock Training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This position is for at least the duration of the apprenticeship training, with the possiblity of fulltime employmnet offered at the end.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Customer care skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths & English (Grade 4/C) Desired