Duties will include working with
- Vehicle systems including steering & suspension, braking systems, battery & charging systems, exhaust systems and Air-Conditioning systems, 4-wheel geometry and Hybrid/Electric Vehicle system and safe working procedures
- Understanding basic consumer legislation relevant to the occupation
- Following Health & Safety requirements for the workplace
- Identifying customer & vehicle needs and presenting solutions
- Contributing to the overall results of the business and demonstrating commercial awareness
- Carrying out vehicle safety inspections and routine maintenance using manufacturers specifications
- Dealing with routine stock deliveries, placing stock into storage, carrying out stock rotation duties and ordering parts for customers following company procedures
Once qualified, the right candidate may progress within the company.
- As an Auto-care Technician, you will have a number of transferable skills
- This is a physically demanding role, being active most of the time
- You may be expected to work Saturdays on a rota basis
You should be:
- Technically minded
You should be:
- Able to listen and follow instructions
- Willing to study
- A team player
- Able to work in a busy, fast moving environment
Ideally, you will have, or be predicted to gain, good GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and maths, although these are not essential. However, you must be literate and numerate.
- Level 2 Autocare Technician Standard
- Functional Skills if required
With mentoring, support and monitoring whilst at work, combined with residential training at the Atcham Training Centre, you will gain the knowledge and skills required to achieve the qualification from working with some highly skilled professionals.
All travel, and accommodation costs are covered by the employer, whilst attending the Training Centre.