Our Apprenticeships are the most sought-after in the sector. And it’s not just us saying that – Ofsted has graded our apprenticeships as ‘outstanding’ in every area.
Based at one of our fully equipped centres you’ll be a valuable member of the team, working a regular 39 hours with two days off per week being supported by the best in the business. You will learn new auto-care skills and all about the special brand of teambuilding and customer service that makes us everyday heroes in the communities we serve.
First and foremost, you’re here to learn and develop as an Apprentice. Here at Kwik Fit, no two days are the same, and who knows what types of automotive issues you’ll deal with from one day to the next? One thing’s for sure – you’ll learn to work with all kinds of makes and models of cars!
Working alongside a qualified technician, you‘ll:
- Replace and refit defective tyres including repairs and wheel balancing
- Maintain high levels of Health and Safety within your centre
- Demonstrate the fundamentals of vehicle systems including steering and suspension, braking systems, battery & charging systems, exhaust systems and air-conditioning
- Learn how to deliver a ‘Kwik Fit’ experience to all our customers
- Carrying out safety inspections and routine maintenance to manufacturers specification
We want you to take on board the things that make our team special – our attentive customer service and our unique team spirit. Making it as a Kwik Fit technician isn’t easy, but with the right attitude and respect for the work we do here, you’ll quickly find yourself on track for a great career progression with one of the best businesses in the automotive industry.
- Heard the one about hard work being its own reward? That’s true here. Our centres aren’t just places to work, they’re places where people pull together and get the best from each other. And they’re places where lifelong friendships are made
- Your development doesn’t stop once you’ve achieved your Apprenticeship. With a guaranteed position at the end of your Apprenticeship, you can access more training within Kwik Fit providing you with opportunities for even greater career progression
- You’ll also benefit from generous discounts at a range of companies including supermarkets, mobile phone suppliers and high street restaurants to name a few
- That’s what we mean by ‘you can’t get better’ than a Kwik Fit Apprenticeship
- You must be prepared to stay away from home whilst attending training at our Training Academies. Training can be for up to 5 consecutive nights at one of our state-of-the-art Training Academies in Derby, Broxburn, Harlow and Reading
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Here at Kwik Fit, we’re looking for ambitious people excited by the idea of working in the automotive industry and willing to learn
- Previous experience in the automotive industry isn’t required
- Passionate to develop a career within the automotive industry and a mechanical interest
- Self-motivated to succeed on an Apprenticeship, taking responsibility for your independent learning and study
- The kind of person who knows what it means when your colleagues show up on time and get stuck in for their whole shift – so you’ll do the same for them
- GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in English Language and maths
You’ll attend our state-of-the-art training centres (Derby, Reading, Harlow or Broxburn) for 15 separate weeks over the 27-month programme. All training costs including travel, hotel, breakfast and evening meal will be covered, so there’s no cost to you. We also give you with first-class support including a dedicated Kwik Fit coach, highly qualified technical trainers, and excellent online learning facilities.
On successful completion of the Apprenticeship, you’ll achieve:
- Level 2 Autocare Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
- F-Gas Air conditioning qualification