Our Apprentices are the future of our business. As an apprentice on our two-year Apprentice programme you will learn all of the skills to become a top Autocare Technician with a fantastic range of future career options ahead of you.
It goes without saying that you will have a keen interest in cars, and everything associated with them, but you need much more than that. All of our centres run as individual teams, so being a team player is absolutely essential and people will rely on you to be there to support the team and get involved in everything that goes on in centre.
On a daily basis you will be working on our customers cars, under supervision where appropriate:
- Replacing tyres and related products
- Inspecting and repairing brakes
- Working with your team providing excellent Customer Service
- Additionally, that will mean cleaning and sometimes painting your centre to make sure our customers get a great experience
You need to be determined to succeed, many of our former Apprentices quickly progress to more senior positions, we will be there to help you every step of the way, but you have to be prepared to work hard to achieve your goals, that will include working to improve your abilities in English and maths too, are you up for it?
So, if that sounds like you and you want the best apprenticeship in the industry, and you are prepared to work hard and have real determination to succeed you may be just what we are looking for.
Many of our former Apprentices quickly progress to more senior positions, such as Service Technicians, Supervisors, Centre Managers and even Area Managers.
You must be prepared to stay away from home whilst attending training at our Training Academies. Training can be for up to 5 consecutive nights at one of our state-of-the-art Training Academies in Derby, Broxburn, Harlow and Reading.
- A real desire to learn as much as possible about cars and the Autocare sector of the Motor Industry
- Self-motivated, willing and able to take responsibility for your own learning and study
- A team player, you will be someone who will always go the extra mile to support your team to show our customers that we care and give them great service
- Be resilient, someone who sticks with a task even when things are not going to plan and won’t quit if you have a bad day
- Be honest, punctual and reliable
- Seeking a career, not a job
Level 2 Autocare Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Our Apprentices follow the recently approved Autocare Technician Standard - The programme duration is typically 24-30 months.
The programme is structured around thirteen one-week residential modules at one of our four Regional Training Academies. Additional learning is provided via Virtual Classroom and assignments, and On the Job training and coaching.
Our Apprentices work in their designated retail centre and quickly become an integral part of their team, receiving full on the job training. Our Apprentices are fully supported by a dedicated Apprentice Coach who will provide support and guidance throughout their Apprenticeship.