The successful applicant will be expected to learn about the following:
- Keeping the workshop clean and tidy
- How to use tools and equipment used in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Safe working procedures in the workshop
- Assisting other vehicle technicians with their work whilst receiving on the job training
- How to service and inspect a vehicle
- How to safely remove and replace Engine, Chassis, Electrical and Transmission components
- How to manage stock and deliver excellent customer service
Progression into full time employment.
- To have a keen and genuine interest in the Automotive Trade
- Good problem solving skills
- Team working skills
- Good communication skills
- Honesty and a disciplined attitude is required
Ideally grades C (or 4) and above in GCSE Maths and English (or the equivalent).
Autocare Technician Level 2 Apprenticeship Qualification.