Is it your dream to become an ATV Service Technician? Do you want the best training available in the industry? Honda will provide you with first class training, working on the latest Honda ATV range and Technology. Immersed in to the brand and philosophy our Apprentices receive the very best the industry has to offer. If this sounds interesting, our Apprenticeship Programme could be for you.
Honda as a brand does not use the term “Quad Bike”. This is due to the fact All-Terrain Vehicles are designed for Off Road use and this is the safest way in which to utilise them. As a result, at Honda we always use the term “ATV”.
Did you know Honda are the largest ATV brand in the UK, averaging over 50% market share? This is due to the customer loyalty of our reliable product range, vital for their primary use in Farming and Agriculture.
- You will be an Apprentice service and diagnostic motor technician in a busy workshop environment
- You will carry out tasks relevant to maintaining and repairing motor vehicles
- To assist qualified technicians with servicing and repairs
- To observe best work practices, develop and maintain skills levels in all aspects of repair, service and maintenance of motor vehicles
- To maintain a clean and safe work environment
- To maintain personal standards of dress, cleanliness and hygiene, consistent with the standards laid down by the Company
- To be responsible for the safety of yourself and others, using protective equipment when required.
- To develop and maintain a thorough and current product knowledge
- To ensure a consistently high level of quality and workmanship.
- To advise the Workshop Controller or Service Advisor of any additional work necessary on a vehicle during servicing.
- Assistance with any other tasks as required
Possible career progression opportunities include Master Technician, Service or Aftersales Department Management or even Dealership Management
- All we ask is that you are committed to the Apprenticeship Programme for 3 years and have the passion and ambition to grow into a highly skilled Car Service Technician.
- Work experience within the industry would be advantageous.
- Team orientated
- Good communication skills
- Positive outlook
- Willing to learn and follow instructions
- Evident interest and enthusiasm for automotive vehicles and the industry
- Results orientated
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Committed to providing high quality work
- Ability to work to deadlines
- GCSE Grades A-C 9-4 (or equivalent) are preferred but other candidates may apply
- Training is provided both in the workplace and at the Honda Institute in Bracknell
- You will be working towards an Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) along with Functional Skills in maths and English at Level 2 or relevant Core Skills
- Honda Challenge Personal Development Programme
- You will also work towards Honda internal qualifications
- As part of your training you will attend our Honda Apprenticeship technical centre in Bracknell for block release training. (Accommodation & transport costs will be covered by your employer)