What will the apprentice be doing?
The apprentice will be learning skills in the following areas:
- Carry out specified techniques, tests or experiments
- Maintain accurate records and draft routine documentation
- Ensure the health, safety and cleanliness of immediate work area
- Carry out regular maintenance processes
- Report any breaches of health and safety procedures
- Ensuring waste disposal is carried out correctly
- Assisting with and implementing carbon reduction and energy saving measures
- Assisting with stock level control
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprentice will do their training at Solihull College and University Centre.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion apprentices may progress to a variety of teaching lab posts.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths, English and Science (Grade 4 - 9 or equivalent) Essential