Apprentice Art & Textiles Technician - Advanced (Level 3)
Uffculme Academy Trust
Are you interested in pursuing a career in Teaching? Do you have a keen interest in Art and Textiles and supporting pupils age 11-16 with their GCSE courses? Uffculme School are excited to be able to offer an Apprenticeship for an individual who would like to gain invaluable work experience whilst studying for their qualification to be a Level 3 Teaching Assistant.
The role is varied, no day will ever be the same.
You will be required to:
- Maintain and order stock ensuring good communication is in place by liaising and supporting the staff in the Art and Textiles Departments
- You will be responsible for administrative tasks, setting up displays around the school and preparing resources in advance of the class
- Small groups of students will require your support with various tasks
- There will be machinery to maintain, full training will be given
- You will always be expected to abide by the health & safety guidelines
Overall, we need someone who is passionate about Art and Textiles, who is organised and has initiative with a natural ability to connect with students and able to work collaboratively with a varied team. The role requires initiative along with the confidence to be able to carry out tasks independently.
The two-year Apprenticeship will allow you the opportunity to experience what it is like to be working in the classroom with students age 11-16. Once you have gained your Teaching Assistant qualification you may then progress your career into a variety of professions.
An enhanced DBS check will be required. This will be a term-time only contract, 38 weeks of the year.
- Experience of using a variety of Art and Textile Resources to be evidenced through their qualifications and/or work experience
- Effective Communicator
- Excellent Timekeeper
- Experienced with Outlook and Microsoft including Excel and Word
- Adaptable and able to adjust well to change
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Art and/or Textiles GCSE or above or equivalent (not essential)
- Maths and English GCSE or above or equivalent
You will complete the Teaching Assistant Level 3 apprenticeship.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.