What will the apprentice be doing?
- Promptly responding to user queries via a variety of methods (tickets, E-mail, telephone)
- Investigate and analyse application support incidents through to root cause
- Action internal departments’ requests and changes
- Working closely with in-house dev ops and development teams, alongside 3rd parties
- Ensure applications achieve maximum uptime, availability and performance
- Make configurations on the load balancers and on the websites’ content delivery network (Akamai)
- Management and creation of DNS records
- Ownership of release and change process
- Create and maintain documentation and diagrams
- Extract information from the database (SQL)
- Monitor and implement IT security policies
- Participation in the out-of-hours support rota
- Making small modifications to Git repositories
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This apprenticeship is delivered as a day release.
- Level 4 Application Support Lead
- Behaviour, Skills and Knowledge
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?After successfully completing this apprenticeship there is an opportunity to progress to a Junior Application Support Engineer.
Reality CheckOn call work during weekend per rota basis.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
AS Level or equivalent IT (Grade Level 3) Essential
BTEC or equivalent IT (Grade Level 3) Essential