Apprentice Agricultural Technician - Sharmans Agricultural Ltd - Lowdham
Sharmans of Lowdham
With the emphasis firmly on farm machinery, you will develop skills and proficiency in a wide range of technical areas, from routine maintenance and servicing through to complex component overhauls utilising the very latest John Deere diagnostic equipment. Engineering is a practical subject, and requires a great deal of focus and thought.
Duties will include;
- Performing basic service tasks & developing skills in removal and reconditioning of components.
- Progressing to perform more complex service & repair tasks, both at the dealership and out in the field.
- Assisting qualified Technicians as needed.
- Reporting weekly to a mentor or Service Manager regarding ongoing activities and progression.
- Maintaining the condition of inventory, tools and equipment.
- Maintaining a clean work area and performing tasks in a professional manner.
- Participating in Service Training programmes required for the development of skills and knowledge.
- Following all safety rules and regulations.
- You will learn to use the very latest John Deere equipment, working at the cutting edge of technology to gain the important skills required in a fast developing, high-tech industry.
Your advanced apprenticeship will last approximately 3 years
Like all apprenticeships, your programme will combine paid employment with training, leading to a nationally recognised and valued qualification. You will work at a Sharmans Agricultural Ltd. but also spend time at the John Deere Apprentice Training Centre and at John Deere’s Head Office, both near Nottingham.
You are supported by a designated Assessor and by your employer, gaining valuable workplace skills by undertaking practical tasks and experiencing real-life challenges. You will be provided with an individually tailored learning plan, with progress monitored by your Assessor who will make regular visits for on the job assessment and guidance
As a fully qualified John Deere Agricultural Technician, you will have access to further development opportunities within the company, extending your skills with additional training in areas such as compressed gas handling, welding, and, abrasive wheels, as well as going on to achieve LTA levels 3 and 4 (Master Technician) qualifications.
- Successfully diagnosing and repairing machinery is very rewarding and provides true job satisfaction to a keen technician
- If you have a genuine interest in Agricultural Technology, you will certainly gain the skills to progress
- The John Deere dealer of tomorrow holds a wide range of opportunities and exciting prospects for the right people
- This is a physically demanding role
- You may be required to work unsociable hours during busy periods
You should be;
- Technically minded
- Have a practical ability
- A logical thinker
You should be;
- A good listener
- A team player
- Willing to work and study hard
Ideally you will be have or be predicted good GCSEs in English, maths and Science (or equivalent qualifications) although these are not essential. You must however be literate and numerate.
When successful you will be awarded:
- Level 3, Land Based Service Engineering Technician qualification
- Functional Skills in English and maths at Level 2
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.