With the emphasis firmly on farm machinery, you will develop skills and proficiency in a wide range of technical areas, from routine maintenance and servicing through to complex component overhauls utilising the very latest John Deere diagnostic equipment.
Duties will include;
- Performing basic service tasks & developing skills in removal and reconditioning of components
- Progressing to perform more complex service & repair tasks, both at the dealership and out in the field
- Assisting qualified Technicians as needed
- Reporting to a mentor regarding ongoing activities and progression
- Maintaining the condition of inventory, tools and equipment
- Maintaining a clean work area
- Participating in Service Training programmes required for the development of skills and knowledge
- Following all safety rules and regulations
Like all apprenticeships, your programme will combine paid employment with residential training at the John Deere Training Centre and at John Deere’s Head Office.
As a fully qualified John Deere Agricultural Technician, you will have access to further development opportunities within the company, extending your skills with additional training in areas such as compressed gas handling, welding, and, abrasive wheels, as well as going on to achieve LTA levels 3 and 4 (Master Technician) qualifications.
The John Deere dealer of tomorrow holds a wide range of opportunities and exciting prospects for the right people. However, this is a physically demanding role and you may be required to work unsociable hours during busy periods.
You should be:
- Technically minded
You should be:
- A good listener and able to follow instructions
- A team player
- Willing to work and study hard
Ideally you will be have or be predicted good GCSEs or equivalents, but these are not essential. However you must be literate and numerate.
When successful you will be awarded:
- Level 3, Land Based Service Engineering Technician qualification
- Functional Skills in ICT – level 2 (if GCSE or equivalent A-C/9-4 is not already achieved)
- Functional Skills maths level 2 (if GCSE or equivalent A-C/9-4 is not already achieved)
- Functional Skills English level 2 (if GCSE or equivalent A-C/9-4 is not already achieved)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills