What will the apprentice be doing?
- Performing basic service tasks & developing skills in the removal, repair and reconditioning of components on engines, transmissions, electrical and hydraulic systems
- Progressing to perform more complex diagnosis, service & repair tasks, both at the dealership and out in the field
- Assisting qualified Technicians as needed
- Reporting to a mentor or Service Manager regarding ongoing activities and progression
- Maintaining the condition of inventory, tools and equipment
- Preserving a clean work area and performing tasks in a professional manner
- Completing Service Training programmes required for the development of skills and knowledge
- Following all safety rules and regulations
- You will learn to use the very latest AGCO equipment, working at the cutting edge of technology to gain the important skills required in a fast developing, high-tech industry
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The AGCO Level 3 apprenticeship programme will combine paid employment at B&B Tractors, with 11 blocks of training over 3 years at Moreton Morrell College. After successfully completing the programme and passing the End Point Assessment this will lead to a Level 3 Advanced Landbased Engineering Qualification, and full-time employment with B&B Tractors.
You will work at B&B Tractors in Fauld near Tutbury. As part of the AGCO Academy Apprenticeship, you will attend the Moreton Morrell college in Warwickshire and also spend time at the ACGO Training Centre near Coventry.
You are supported by the designated college assessor and the B&B Tractors service teams. You will gain valuable workplace skills by undertaking practical tasks and experiencing real-life challenges. You will be provided with an individually tailored learning plan monitored by your assessor who will make regular visits for on-the-job assessment and guidance.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As a fully qualified Agricultural Service Technician, you will have access to further development opportunities within the company, extending your skills with additional training in areas such as guidance technology, advanced electrical diagnosis, machinery installation and testing, as well as going on to achieve LTA levels 3 and 4 as a Master Technician qualification.
Reality CheckSuccessfully diagnosing and repairing machinery provides true job satisfaction. If you have a genuine interest in Agricultural Technology, you will certainly gain the skills to progress. B&B Tractors holds a wide range of opportunities. This is a physically demanding role. You will be required to work unsociable hours during busy periods.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Technically minded, Have a practical ability
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 2 Additional (Grade C/4 or higher) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4 or higher) Essential
GCSE or equivalent ICT (Grade C/4 or higher) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or higher) Essential