Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with servicing of agricultural machinery
- Assist with breakdown repairs of agricultural machinery
- Attend college as required
- Keeping the workplace clean and tidy
- Ensuring accurate records are kept
- Clean and prepare used machines for resale
- Assist with pre delivery inspections on new machines
- Engage and be motivated in the workplace
As an Apprentice you will gain valuable work experience whilst being paid, a guaranteed job and a recognised national qualification, which will hold you in great shape for the next step of your career journey.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Off-the-job training must make up at least 20% of the apprentice’s contracted hours, over the total duration of the apprentice’s planned training period.
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Practical skills
- A positive, self-motivated attitude with a desire to learn
- Meticulous and hard working
- Practical, 'can do' attitude
- Attention to detail
- A basic knowledge of CLAAS and/or agriculture would be an advantage, however on-going product training will be provided at the CLAAS Academy
4 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including English, maths, and a science are desirable however not essential as Functional Skills are offered as part of the Apprenticeship Standard.
Level 3 Land-Based Service Engineering Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Reaseheath Training will be the apprenticeship training provider for this Apprenticeship. The employer will give guidance and support throughout and a mentor will be assigned to you. Off-the-job training must make up at least 20% of the apprentice’s contracted hours, over the total duration of the apprentice’s planned training period. Reaseheath Training also offer optional extra industry qualifications at additional cost.