Main Duties (not inclusive):
- To organise and coordinate carers to travel to the residence of clients who are having difficulty coping for a variety of reasons;
- To ensure care staff arrive at pre-arranged time as documented in Service User Care Plan
- To ensure care staff complete all services for that client, as specified in their individual Care Plan;
- To encourage care staff to arrive at the pre-arranged time.
- To monitor care staff are arriving at pre-arranged times.
- To monitor the Careplanner App to ensure carers are using this system effectively.
- To work and communicate with family, relatives, local authority social workers, district nurses and other members of the care team;
- To inform care staff of changes to care plan and interventions required
- To contact emergency care services in cases of emergency;
- To document and report to the Registered Manager / Responsible person, on the welfare of the client.
- To ensure all care visits are attended by an appropriately trained and experienced carer
- To ensure carers are given information about the service user, their difficulties and the roles they are to perform, prior to their first attendance.
- To ensure all care visits have the agreed number of carers at all times and visits take place at the pre-arranged times.
- In cases of staff shortages and in emergencies act in the role as Care Worker ensuring per-arranged care visits take place.
- To attend all study courses organised by the Company Training Manager.
- To be available for on-call every third week, Monday to Sunday.
- To act in accordance with all My Homecare operational policies and procedures;
- In times of staff shortages to work within the 24 hour rota system, which includes Bank Holidays, weekends and evenings.
- To be contactable via a mobile phone if necessary information needs communicated to yourself about a client;
- To place calls – to act professionally and as the company representative when meeting new clients.
- To train carers.
- To write care plans and risk assessments.
- To visit clients as required, to monitor their care.
- To do spot checks/monitoring calls on carers.
- To assist with recruitment.
- To assist during interviews for new carers.
- To assist during appraisals of carers.
- To assist during disciplining of carers.
- To assist as required, for the efficient running of the company.
- You will be accountable to the Registered Manager or their delegated person.
- My Homecare require a DBS prior to commencement of work, which the company will apply for;
- Offers of employment are subject to the Company receiving two written references, one of which being from your last employer;
- Statutory sick pay will be payable following the first 72 hours of illness;
- Employees are entitled to 5.6 weeks paid annual leave inclusive of bank holidays.
- All posts are subject to a three month probationary period.
Future ProspectsDiscussed at Interview
Reality CheckReality Check All staff are expected to meet regulatory training standards. Care assistants must attend initial Bluebird Care training before providing care and support to our customers. During the first 12 weeks you will continue to receive on the job and classroom based training to help you fully understand your role. You must be willing to participate in ongoing training so you can continue to give good and safe care and support You will need to obtain a satisfactory criminal records check and evidence that your name is not listed as barred from working with vulnerable people
- Ability to listen, communicate clearly and build positive working relationships with customers, their families or representatives, Bluebird Care staff and other social and health care professionals
- Ability to give care and support to customers with all aspects of their daily living. To always respect their dignity, privacy and choices, be non- judgemental and promote their independence
- Good organisational skills, so customers receive the services they expect
- Ability to use own initiative and work alone or as part of a team especially in an emergency
- Numerical skills to support customers in managing their money and buying shopping or paying bills when requested to do so
- Ability to keep written records in clear English about the care and support given to each customer, including help with medicines
- Ability and willingness to follow Bluebird Care’s policies, procedures and instructions and to participate in training
- Caring and compassionate towards people in need of care and support
- Dedicated to anti-discriminatory care practice. This means respecting people suffering from a range of medical conditions with different backgrounds and beliefs to your own
- Self-motivated and keen to learn. Willing to seek guidance when needed and to follow instructions
- Excellent time keeper and reliable
- Good hygiene practice, including personal hygiene and a smart appearance
- Good stamina and level of fitness to meet the physical demands of the job
A relevant care and/or health qualification
The candidate will work towards a Level 2 Health and Social Care Qualification. Functional Skills L1/L2 training to be provided.