This apprenticeship post will provide admin and clerical support to the Women’s and Children’s Directorate administrative and medical secretarial team. This role will be aligned to the Gynaecology Specialist Nursing Teams and supported by the Operational Management Team.
- To provide admin and clerical support to the Directorate secretarial and administrative team by typing internal and external correspondence
- To provide filing, photocopying and scanning support to the team
- To answer telephone and deal with queries/requests and detailed messages for team members
- To open and sort incoming/outgoing mail for the medical secretaries and admin team
- To provide admin and clerical support to the secretarial team by typing documents and inputting data on to appropriate clinical databases
- To assist the Directorate admin team in arranging meetings, circulating agendas, typing minutes and booking rooms
- Communicating with patients, via telephone and email, for general queries and the booking of appointments
- Document preparation for nurse led clinics including and inputting outcomes
- Administrative preparation for multi-disciplinary team meetings
- Email monitoring and response to non-clinical queries
The apprenticeship will be on a fixed term contract for 15 months with opportunity to apply for roles within the NHS on completion.
- Salary will be paid at National Apprentice wage currently £4.30 per hour with a yearly salary of £8385 for the first 12 months and minimum wage for age for the final 3 months. Please note that the National Living Wage for Apprentices is due to rise in April 2022, therefore the listed wage will adjust accordingly.
- Please be aware that job adverts may close before the published closing date, if we have a high volume of applications, so we recommend getting your application in as quickly as possible
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Numerate and literate
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines/targets
- Ability to work under pressure
- Keyboard skills
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal with people at all levels
- Ability to record accurate messages, ensuring they are passed on appropriately
- Caring and respectful - able to communicate tactfully
- Keen to learn
- Flexible to meet the changing demands of the service
Candidates must evidence:
- English Level 2 - GCSE (or equivalent) grade C/4 or above, or equivalent in Functional Skills Level 2
- Maths Level 1 - GCSE (or equivalent) grade D/3 or above, or equivalent in Functional Skills Level 1
- NOT have a degree level qualification or higher in Business Administration or similar related subject
- NOT have completed an NVQ/QCF/Apprenticeship Standard Level 2 or higher in Business Administration or Customer Service or have considerable prior experience in an administrative or customer facing role
Candidates who have previously started or part completed a Business Administration Level 2 or Customer Service Level 2 Apprenticeship, are requested to declare this on their application form.
Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Training through HWGTA normally comprises of five days per week in company with one day release as and when required at our Training Centre at McKenzie Way WR4 9GN, doing an appropriate course of study. Functional Skills maths, English (if required)
- A monthly monitoring visit in company will also take place, during which we make ourselves available for discussion about any special training that may be useful to you and to identify and resolve problems if they arise
- At the end of your training period, you will be put through to an end point assessment with an external verifier where you will showcase and evidence your knowledge, skills and behaviours
- In addition, the training programme includes an optional 5-day team building residential course, usually held in April/May each year