Due to the continued growth and success of the business, the company is now seeking a Transport Planning Apprentice to join the existing Planning team.
We are looking for somebody with a drive to succeed and lay foundations for their career within the transport and logistics industry. The chosen individual will possess the ambition to gain meaningful employment as a Transport Planner and quickly become an integral member of the team.
Role and responsibilities of our Transport Planning Apprentice:
- Daily planning of routes for vehicles throughout the UK
- Communicating with our drivers and customers
- Planning the loading of trailers for groupage deliveries
- Using our fleet tracker to plan routes and to optimise fuel efficiency
- Liaising with our fleet maintenance operations to co-ordinate vehicle and trailer servicing and MOT’s
- Working collaboratively with the Customer Advisors team to resolve issues
- The apprentice will be required to exercise flexibility with regards to start and finish times in line with department requirements
- 20% Off The Job dedication to studies
The Transport Planning Apprenticeship position is offered on a full-time basis.
In return, we offer the opportunity to develop your existing skills with a goal of the apprentice joining the Planning team on a permanent basis.
- Flexible shifts Monday to Sunday. 37.5 hours per week
- Free on-site parking
- BUPA Cashplan
- Salary: Exceeding apprentice national minimum wage
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
- Confident use of Microsoft office suite
- Good UK geographical knowledge would be an advantage
- Previous experience of working in an office environment would be an advantage
- Polite and efficient telephone manners
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Proactive in resolving and de-escalating issues
- Adaptability, flexibility
- Willingness to learn new skills and new systems
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of the team and with other teams
- Ability to work under pressure
- High level of accuracy
- Act as an Ambassador for the Company at all times
- Candidates must have achieved at least a GCSE Grade 4/C or equivalent in maths & English
- L2 Supply Chain Operator Apprenticeship Standard
- Maths & English Functional Skills (if needed)