What will the apprentice be doing?
Assist in providing an effective and efficient administration service by;
• Answering phone calls and emails.
• Liaising with a variety of people.
• Providing support with the grant options that are available.
• Providing support with eligibility for works to be completed.
• Assisting with the completion of financial assessments.
• Checking applications, schedules of work plans.
• Inputting information onto a database.
• Assisting with raising/payment of invoices.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will complete a Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship, for which you will be entitled to paid study time to complete. This opportunity will provide you with valuable work experience, new skills and knowledge whilst building your confidence along the way. The delivery of the apprenticeship by the provider is flexible.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
No commitment can be made for future employment but in the past several apprentices have secured permanent work when vacancies have arisen within the organisation.
Reality CheckAt West Suffolk Council we positively encourage agile working, with work being an activity we do, not a place we go. Work styles are led by operational and organisational need and are jointly agreed between the manager and employee.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Team working, Initiative, Multi Task
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9-4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent ICT (Grade 9-4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4) Essential