What will the apprentice be doing?
With the support and mentoring of colleagues, you will develop your skills within the workplace with a view to progress your career within the secretarial team. This role is 5 days a week in the office as all tasks undertaken in this role are purely office based.
To support your ongoing learning and development, you will undertake the Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship which is supported by our external training provider.. We have created this opportunity for individuals who:
- have completed school education and would prefer to start their career;
- would like to leave College earlier than planned to start their career yet must remain in education to undertake a qualification;
Our newly created Administrator Apprenticeship Contract will give you the opportunity of gaining valuable on-the-job learning along with structured learning with a competitive salary. It is for a fixed period of 18 months. As an equal opportunities employer following that period you may be eligible to apply for other roles advertised in the business.
During your apprenticeship you will become fully conversant in a variety of tasks which the wider team undertake. These tasks include but are not limited to:
- Scanning documents and filing them electronically, and in hard copy, for the relevant PA/Secretary or fee-earner
- Printing and photocopying documents as and when required by the relevant PA/Secretary or fee-earner
- A wide variety of general miscellaneous administrative tasks to include, but not limited to, matter closing, deeds scheduling, scanning of invoices and correspondence, creation of hard copy folders/files and maintenance of team library
- Delivery and collection of items from other Practice Groups or support departments
- Providing ad hoc support as required and undertaking tasks specific to your practice group area
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be working towards the Business Administrator Level 3 qualification, and will be training virtually with a tutor provided by our training provider, Damar. You will have a half day each week in one block, with the remaining off-the-job hours spread over the rest of your working week as agreed with your supervisor. You will also have a CMS mentor, along with a network of current apprentices to support your learning journey.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once qualified you will be able to apply to roles within CMS, which may include a Team Secretary, progressing to a PA role when more experienced.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired