- To undertake the Business Administrator Level 3 apprenticeship qualification with the training provider Ginger Nut Training
- To provide general admin and clerical support to the clinical and service support team as requested by the Team Leader
- Type clinical and non-clinical correspondence clinic letters utilising agreed templates
- To use the relevant IT systems to register patients, make appointments, input clinical letters and care planning summaries and Equipment orders as required
- Support the management of clinical dairies to maximise effective time management
- Support and maintain the Choose and Book process
- Support the administrative processes associated with outpatient clinics / referrals / inpatient referrals/ Equipment orders as required
- To answer telephone enquiries in an efficient manner and ensure appropriate follow through using initiative to deal with routine enquiries and referring complex queries to the relevant medical secretary
- Maintain efficient electronic and manual filing systems, including the sorting and collation of all patient notes / results into the relevant patients’ hospital notes
- To assist with the receipt and distribution of post
- To liaise with the wider clinical team/Medical Secretaries/Consultants accordingly
- To undertake other clerical duties as requested e.g. photocopying, faxing, filing and maintaining adequate stationary supplies
- To operate such office machinery e.g. computer, photocopier, fax machine as is necessary for the fulfilment of the task
- To recognise when situations need to be dealt with urgently and action appropriately
- Undertake routine tasks as requested and support other team members to undertake their full range of administrative and secretarial activities
- Be fully committed to completing the apprenticeship qualification in the designated timeframe including End Point Assessment
- Maintain regular contact and attend scheduled meetings/training with the allocated tutor and Talent for Care team
- Ensure all learning outcomes and assignments required for the apprenticeship are completed and submission deadlines are met
- Identify a process used within the department which could be improved and lead on a project to enhance and develop this as required for the End Point Assessment
- To prepare and actively participate in Trusts Annual Performance Development Review process and progress reviews
- Ensure training and development needs detailed in your personal development plan are followed up and the effectiveness of the acquired training and development evaluated in terms of self, patient and service
- To ensure that all results/reports/ correspondence are filed in the case notes in line with Health Records Standards
- Be aware of and adhere to all Data Quality Standards including clinic typing and turnaround, discharge letters, choose and book
- To be responsible for complying with Trust Infection Control Policies and Clinical Guidelines
- To ensure that all work is in line with Hospital Policies and Procedures
- The Trust seeks to establish a safe and healthy working environment for its employees and operates a non-smoking policy
- To be responsible for complying with Trust and local Safeguarding policies and procedures
- To be responsible for the quality of data recorded. The data should be accurate, legible (if hand written), recorded in a timely manner, kept up to date and appropriately filed
- Possible progression within the organisation
- Proficient in MS office applications including Word, Excel and Teams
- Good Communication Skills
- Good telephone manner
- Previous experience of working with the public / within customer service
- Ability to multitask
- Organisation Skills
- Team player
- To be able to remain calm and work under pressure when required
- An individual who has a thirst for knowledge and the willingness to learn
- 5 GCSE’s, or equivalents, at C/4 grade and above, including maths and English
- This is not an essential if the applicant has the right attitude and ability required for the role
Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
Standard - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/business-administrator/
Assessment Plan – https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/media/2878/st0070_business-admin_l3_ap-for-publication-2-april-2019-update-to-eqap.pdf
Appropriate Learner Roles/Activities
To be able to participate in the apprenticeship, there are a number of requirements for the role that we must be able to evidence including:
- Having access to information or data which can be analysed
- Currently proactively supporting/coaching 2 or more colleagues to produce documents
- Having enough authority to challenge working practices/procedures (to improve them)
- Being in a position to communicate with external customers/stakeholders
- Managing meetings (organise & chair)
- Managing logistics (arrange travel or managing how resources are acquired, stored, and transported to final destination)
- Leading projects to improve a process or operation proactively.
How Ginger Nut Deliver:
Delivery of the standard is based around competency and knowledge units, consisting of introduction, training, personal study, completion[SO1] and observation. To support learning we utilise Smart Screen which is an online resource mapped to the apprenticeship.
The standard is delivered through a combination of monthly one to one sessions of 2 -2.5 hours and monthly knowledge sessions of an hour to introduce each knowledge module, these are
- IT – Using multiple IT packages and systems, including MS office or equivalent packages and databases/recording information/data analysis.
- The Organisation – Understanding the organisational purpose, activities, aims, values, vision for the future.
- Value of your skills – Understanding the organisational structure and how you fit and development of your skills.
- Stakeholders – Managing stakeholders/ internal and external customers, clients and/or suppliers.
- Relevant Regulation – Understanding laws and regulations relating to role including data protection, health and safety, compliance etc.
- Policies – Reviewing organisational internal policies and key business policies relating to the sector.
- Business Fundamentals – Understanding Business principles such as managing change, business finances and project management.
- Processes – How to make payments, processing customer data and improving business processes.
- External Environmental Factors – Understanding market forces, policy and regulatory changes and supply chains
Project Activity and Portfolio Building
Each project covers aspects of knowledge, skills and behaviours and helps the learner build their experience and portfolio they need to successfully complete their apprenticeship.
Gateway and End Point Assessment
Before gateway the collected documents are combined to create the learners’ portfolios. This approach means that learners and tutors ensure that all knowledge, skills and behaviours required are fully tracked throughout the apprenticeship with learners having a clear understanding of their growth in knowledge and related progress.
The End Point Assessment consists of a knowledge exam, a portfolio-based interview and a project presentation based on their portfolio.