- As first point of contact within the service, to ensure that telephone calls and visits from service users, outside agencies and CGL staff are dealt with promptly and courteously, transferring calls to appropriate personnel when necessary.
- To ensure effective processing of correspondence, diary management and scheduling of meetings etc.
- To minute take at team and other meetings.
- To assist with the maintenance of a general filing system within the project.
- To assist in monitoring and ordering to meet office requirements.
- To assist in maintaining and balancing local petty cash systems under the direction of the administrators.
- To carry out photocopying as required.
- To assist admin in ensuring record-keeping and communication within the project are maintained.
- To gain an understanding of operational requirements of the project base & Senior Management as required, eg room bookings, travel arrangements etc
- Support with your studies: 2 days per month will be provided for dedicated study time. If additional study time is required then this can be negotiated with Line Management
Ongoing development and support with potential for a permanent role on completion of the apprenticeship.
The vacancy dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found this vacancy will close early.
This post is subject to a DBS check at an enhanced level.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- IT literacy, including proficiency in word processing and data entry
- Good organisational skills
- Confident and effective communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and a willingness to work flexibly as part of a team
- Enjoy working as a member of a team
- Enthusiasm to gain knowledge of general office procedures
No qualifications required
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2
- Functional Skills in Maths and English