We are the nation's largest funder of health and care research and provide the people, facilities and technology that enables research to thrive. Working in partnership with the NHS, universities, local government, other research funders, patients and the public, we deliver and enable world-class research that transforms people's lives, promotes economic growth and advances science.
You will be responsible for providing excellent administrative support to teams within a National Health Research Funder; and to grow and develop skills and knowledge as part of an Apprenticeship in Business Administration.
Your Daily Duties will include:
- Diary management and coordination amongst internal and external people
- Organising and managing visits and/or meetings and teleconferences, video-conferences or webinars as required
- Supporting and contributing to meetings as and when appropriate by booking venues, raising and distributing agendas, taking meeting notes, accepting actions and/or following up other people's actions, joining discussions and providing feedback
- Assist with the maintenance of the paper and electronic records systems in connection with your workload and that of the wider team.
- Assist with the timely and accurate completion of a variety of tasks using the appropriate electronic and information system (i.e. MIS, Agresso, Resourcelink or others)
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of administrative systems and processes within own work area or across Wessex Institute
- To communicate/guide colleagues on administrative tasks to support and improve existing team processes, tasks and activities.
- Communicating with external stakeholders. Assist with answering queries and acting as the first point of contact for basic queries for the team.
- Undertake additional projects in the team or represent administration activity across the wider team, NETSCC or the Wessex Institute as appropriate.
- Any other duties as allocated by the line manager following consultation with the post holder
This vacancy will lead to a permanent role with the NIHR Evaluation Trials and Studies Coordinating Centre as long as the Apprenticeship is successfully completed. Longer-term prospects could include the opportunity to progress within the NIHR Evaluation Trials and Studies Coordinating Centre or the wider University of Southampton.
- Computer literacy/awareness including use of internet and email
- Potential ability to manage and prioritise a busy workload, sometimes under pressure
- Organisational skills
- Enquiring and inquisitive mind
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to build, develop and maintain positive and supportive relationships with colleagues or team members
- Commitment to working to high standards of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to react positively to change
Minimum 4 GCSE (or 'O' Levels) including maths and English at Grade D or 3 and above. Educated to GCSE/NVQ2 level or equivalent vocational experience.
- Business Administrator Apprenticeship L3
- Functional Skills in maths and English