William Brookes School
HEREFORDSHIRE AND LUDLOW COLLEGE
As an apprentice administrative assistant, you will work to support the administration and reception functions of the school.
Your main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Providing administrative support to middle and senior school leaders
- Providing general clerical/administrative support e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, completing standard forms, responding to routine correspondence
- Maintaining manual and computerised records, use of computerised management information systems
- Producing lists/information/data as required e.g. pupil behaviour data
- Word-processing and other IT based tasks
- Taking notes at meetings
- Undertaking reception duties, mainly within Student Services, dealing with student queries, answering general telephone and face to face enquiries
- Assisting occasionally with pupil first aid/welfare duties, looking after sick pupils, liaising with teachers/parents/other staff, etc.
- Assisting in arrangements for school trips, events, etc.
- Liaising with parents
There are excellent future prospects and lots of training opportunities.
This position is term time (plus one week) only and there is a requirement for 5 personal development days a year.
**Please note - County Training will likely be in contact with you by phone and by email with updates about this vacancy. Please check your voicemail and inbox often for updates.**
For more information on the ANMW, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
The successful candidate will have:
- Some clerical/administrative work
- Good computer/keyboard skills
- Very good numeracy and literacy skills
- Very good ICT skills and ability to extract and manipulate reports
The successful candidate will be:
- Able to work well within a team and individually
- Able to work calmly and efficiently
- Smart appearance
- Experience of working in an educational setting is desirable
- Willingness to undertake a Disclosure Barring Service check
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Ideally the employer is looking for a level 2 standard candidate who will be able to work towards their Level 3
- Previous administration work experience is desired, but not essential
- Business Administration - Level 3 NVQ.
- Every learner will also be expected to work towards approved Level 2 English and maths qualifications (if required)
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
As part of the Business Administration apprenticeship, the successful applicant will need to attend an induction sessions plus a literacy/numeracy diagnostic at a County Training centre. They will also need to attend Functional Skills tests, learn about Employer Rights and Responsibilities plus document Personal Learning and Thinking Skills throughout their programme. We also offer some short courses which are free for our level 3 learners to attend.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.