HAWK MANAGEMENT (UK) LIMITED
We are a friendly team committed to delivering consistent, high-quality client service to the Firm’s London office. In this role, you will collaborate with colleagues not only in the London office but throughout the Firm. In particular, you will report on a daily basis to the General Office Supervisor. Not only will you receive training through the apprenticeship you will also receive significant on the job training.
Summary of duties
The General Office Assistant will carry out an efficient postal and office administration service for all functions of the London Office. Main duties will include but are not limited to:
- Receive, sort and distribute morning newspapers and magazines
- Distribute incoming faxes and courier packages to the intended recipients
- Open, sort and distribute all Royal Mail and other correspondence and circulate all internal correspondence throughout the day
- Ensure all outgoing mail is correctly addressed, secure and franked with correct postage and collected by Royal Mail
- Book International and UK same day couriers
- Book taxi/car requests with email confirmation
- Arrange car parking for clients and contractors
- Submit permits for work and maintenance request to the building management team
- Order stationary items, toners and parts for photocopiers/printers and ensure constant supply of paper for printers
- Respond to emails and telephone requests regarding faulty equipment or other matters, pack up and deliver all stationary requests, liaise with receptionist to arrange conference room, supply equipment for conferences, seminars etc.
- Enter incoming cheque and BACS payments. Deliver/collect cheques and/or cash to the bank
- Deliver and collect documents from court
- Arrange distribution of internal temporary security passes and arrange passes for contractors as required
- Assist with workstation assessments and installation of office equipment
- Assist with internal office moves, preparing workspace as required
- Monitor and maintain a healthy, safe and secure workplace
- Any other ad hoc requests or project work as reasonably requested
- 28 days holiday
- Permanent post
- Uniform Provided
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels and provide a courteous service
- Ability to work as part of a team and using own initiative
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills as they become necessary
- Well presented
- ‘Can do attitude’
- Flexible and adaptable
- Physically fit as some lifting will be required
- None required
What will be achieved
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT (if no prior exemption)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
What will be involved
- The Business Administration Level 2 apprenticeship allows staff in an office or similar settings to improve their skills and knowledge within the workplace.
- The programme is spread across 12 months and typically covers 15 units with the option to take on extra stretch and challenge units if desired.
- These units are split into 3 themes which complement each other and create a better learning experience: (1) Communication in Business (2) Administrative Services and Functions (3) Working in Business Teams
- Apprentices will be assessed on their knowledge and skills throughout the apprenticeship, this is tracked online using an e-portfolio and supported with visits from a tutor every 4-6 weeks.
- Where applicable, the programme also involves completion of Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT over the first half of the schedule and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) over the duration of the apprenticeship.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.