- Working within our Customer Support Team you will provide first level support to customers over the phone and by email
- In addition to this your role will involve updating member records
- You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain good working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Using your organisational skills you will prioritise your work to enable you to meet the requirements and deadlines of the team
- Skilled in identifying issues and suggesting solutions, you will be an excellent team player and will use your “can do” attitude to motivate others, ensuring excellent outcomes for our customers in the process
In return you will be given support, training and the opportunity to work on different projects, within in a variety of our teams.
- Opportunities to study for a Pensions qualification will also be available
Working Conditions The following section provides an outline of the working conditions that may be encountered in this role:
- Display screen equipment user
- Working with highly sensitive and confidential information
This post is subject to Non Police Personnel Vetting. Further information about this process will be provided to successful candidates. Candidates must have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 years in order for clearance to be obtained.
- The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Other InformationYour line manager will regularly review and discuss your progress with you. It is expected that you will need less supervision as you become more able and competent in the role. Upon successful completion of your Apprenticeship you will normally be appointed to a suitable role for the permanent appointment. Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
- Effective communication skills both written and oral
- Good keyboard skills and computer literate in a variety of software packages, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience of working in a customer-focused environment and being part of a team
- Ability to carry out research and refer more complex enquiries to an appropriate manager with background briefing.
- Able to work without close supervision
- Good standard of education including GCSE or equivalent grades A-C/8-4 in maths and English
- You will be completing Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard