Apprentice Administrative Assistant - Advanced (Level 3)
Beulah Junior School
As you will be working in a school you will have a lot of contact with children and therefore must be of a kind and caring nature in order to deal with children effectively. You must have a willing attitude to undertake all sorts of office duties. First Aid training will be provided and SIMS which is the package used in the office.
Beulah Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment. We are an equal opportunities employer. The successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and a satisfactory reference.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Creating documents using Microsoft Office
- Filing and sending documents by email and post, transport paperwork and resources (including post and deliveries) within the school premises
- Answer the telephone professionally and politely
- Liaise with parents, students and staff regarding school-related enquiries
- Contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the school
- Appreciate and support the work of other professionals
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development
- Comply with the policies and procedures relating to child protection, equality and diversity, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
Possibility of full-time employment after successful completion of this apprenticeship.
Salary rising to £11,281 (£216.35 per week ) after 6 months’ probation.
- Other qualifications or experience would be desirable
- Ability to use ICT (i.e. email, Excel, Word etc.)
- Strong communication skills (verbally, face to face, on the phone and in writing)
- Good listening skills, ability to understand and use initiative to solve problems but knowing when to stop and ask
- The ability to work on own initiative and part of a team
- Interest in office administration
- A good standard of personal presentation
- Pro-active team player with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Quick learner who works well under pressure
- Ability to establish good working relationships with staff, pupils, parents and outside agencies
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.