What will the apprentice be doing?
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post.
- Provide support to the fee earners in their marketing activities and where required client meetings.
- Team filing as requested and ensure files are kept up-to-date at all times.
- File opening.
- File closing and archiving.
- Property searches.
- Delivering and collecting documents.
- Engrossing documents.
- Scheduling documents.
- Telephone cover.
- Digital dictation.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship
- Training at Southampton City College
- One day a week at college
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Previous apprentices have progressed through the administrative support team.
Reality CheckThis role is working in an open plan office, working in a small team but part of a larger team. There will be some repetitive tasks. You will be in the office when not at college.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 5/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5/C) Desired