What will the apprentice be doing?
Key duties such as:
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post.
- Provide support to the fee earners in their marketing activities and where required client meetings.
- Team filing and ensure files are kept up-to-date at all times.
- File opening.
- File closing and archiving.
- Property searches.
- Delivering and collecting documents.
- Engrossing documents.
- Scheduling documents.
- Telephone cover.
- Digital dictation.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This is a level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship with one day release a week at The College Bournemouth.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The typical career progression has been rising through the admin support structure within the law firm.
Reality CheckThis role is in an open plan office. You will be working in a small team amongst other teams on the same floor. There will be quite a few repetitive tasks and you will have to work in the office when you are not at college.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 5/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5/C) Desired