Kentec Training are looking for a full-time Apprentice Administration Assistant to join our team. This individual will be responsible for the administration of our courses, including course material preparation, organising our scheduled training calendar, providing support to our instructors, registration of course delegate information to the appropriate awarding bodies, preparation of certification and customer service support. Full training and guidance will be provided, and the right candidate will be able to attend all our courses to gain further knowledge and understanding of the health and safety industry.
The role of Apprentice Administration Assistant will see the candidate providing support to the Admin and Sales teams in the development, planning, management, and delivery of our full range of training courses.
The candidate is expected to have good administrative skills, attention to detail and be comfortable speaking with clients, visitors, suppliers, and associates.
The candidate’s responsibilities will include (but is not limited to):
- Registering delegates with the appropriate Awarding Bodies
- Preparation of course materials
- Preparing certification for customers
- Providing customer support via e-mail and telephone
- Providing support to instructors during course provision
- Data entry on our CRM system of customer and delegate details
- Supporting larger projects within the administration team
- Provide support to the accounts team
- Organising stock checks for course materials and resources
- General Housekeeping of Training Centre
- Supporting the provision of online courses using platforms such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom
- Invigilating examinations and aiding with any delegate reasonable adjustment measures (training will be provided)
- Supporting the sales team with incoming enquiries
- Potential for full-time employment for the right candidate
- Many employers retain apprentices in full/part time positions
- The Qualifications you gain can also help you to get into higher education or other employment
- Being an apprentice gives you the opportunity to gain a recognised qualification and developing professional skills whilst earning a salary, inside some of Kent’s best companies
- Once the Apprenticeship has been achieved you will have the skills, abilities and experience to update and enhance your CV, to make it attractive to potential employers
We will be interviewing candidates who meet the criteria as they apply and will recruit after a successful interview which may be before the closing date.
You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
Kentec Training is located in Tonbridge, Kent, approximately a 7-minute walk from the train station. We have parking available for staff. We are also close to bus routes.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with Microsoft Office software - especially Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Strong data entry skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to situations
- The ability to multitask multiple projects and tasks at once
- To be outgoing and a good team player
- The ability to use initiative where necessary and strive to improve the customer experience
- Willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Friendly and approachable personality
- Ability to work as a team as well as independently
- Honesty and integrity
GCSE grades 9-4 (A* to C) in maths and English or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard.
Regular work-based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.