Apprentice Administration and Systems Design Assistant
KENT COUNTY COUNCIL
Main duties to include:
- Answering telephone enquiries from customers and suppliers
- Researching costs and preparing quotes for potential new business
- Data entry and filing
- Scanning and securing storing documents
- Meeting and greeting any customers or suppliers upon arrival
- Learning how our system works and assisting with system design configuration, in preparation for our contractors
- Attending meetings and taking minutes
- Potential for full time employment for the right candidate
- There are opportunities to progress from a Level 2 to a Level 3 qualification
- Many employers retain apprentices in full/part time positions
- The Qualifications you gain can also help you to get into higher education or other employment
- Being an apprentice gives you the opportunity to gain a recognised qualification and developing professional skills whilst earning a salary, inside some of Kent’s best companies
- Once the Apprenticeship has been achieved you will have the skills, abilities and experience to update and enhance your CV, to make it attractive to potential employers
***THE EMPLOYER HAS ASKED THAT YOU DO NOT CONTACT THEM DIRECTLY. DOING SO COULD JEOPARDISE YOUR APPLICATION***
If you do not meet the criteria for this position, your application will not be considered.
We will be interviewing candidates who meet the criteria as they apply and will recruit after a successful interview which may be before the closing date.
You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
- 25 minute walk from Strood train station
- 4 minute walk from Enterprise Close bus stop (routes 170, 175, 652 and 671)
- Strong social media skills
- Time Management
- Interest in system design
GCSE grades 9-4 (A* to C) in maths and English or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework; consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) and the Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) Workbook. It may be necessary for you to complete Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT – subject to previous achieved grades.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.