What will the apprentice be doing?
The Administrative Assistant Apprentice will be trained to be the first point of contact for the Academy. You will be required to have excellent interpersonal skills that enable you to communicate with a wide range of people, including pupils, their parent/carers and the teaching staff. Under the guidance from the office team, the Administrative Assistant Apprentice will be expected to learn how to complete a range of administrative tasks contributing to the general office administration of an Academy.
The Administrative Assistant Apprentice will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide a comprehensive reception service to parents and visitors
- Manage visitors to the school and ensure appropriate safeguarding, equal opportunities and health and safety practices are in place
- Responsible for incoming calls and messages
- A range of administrative tasks such as organise meetings, assist with arrangements for school events, reprographic tasks, maintain stationery stock and updating website information
- General financial administration including cash handling, auditing supplies and checking orders
- Support the production of accurate parent communications and distribute information to be sent home with children or electronically
- Support the First Aid arrangements for the school, such as recording incidents and injuries
- Participate as required in whole school events during the school day, including sports day and performances
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard. You will complete a 15 month apprenticeship which includes 10 days at the PETA training centre in Cosham. You will be supported every 6 weeks with visits from your PETA Learning & Development Coach.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is the potential for a full-time role to be offered to the successful candidate upon completion of the apprenticeship. There are 16 schools in the Multi-Academy Trust and a suitable vacancy maybe available in one of these schools.
Reality CheckBenefits: Term-time only. Sickness pay. Pension scheme. Care First access. Free eye tests (VDU users only). Sodexo employee benefits platform. Totum card. Joining a small and vibrant team. Access to a range of additional training courses. You may be required to work at any academy where business is conducted that is within reasonable distance of the school. Please note that an enhanced DBS check will be required. We would encourage early submissions of applications, as these will be considered on receipt and suitable candidates invited for interview. We reserve the right to withdraw the advertisement early if the vacancy is filled before the closing date.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential