Apprentice Accounts Support Coordinator
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- VAT Returns - calculation and submission
- Bank Reconciliation - reconciling bank transactions in order for accounts to be produced
- Filing of financial statements
- Liaising with HMRC and Companies House
- General Administration – including data entry and dealing with client queries by phone
Optionis will provide you with a rewarding career by supporting you to start or complete a professionally recognised AAT qualification.
As you progress your career with us, you will have the opportunity to develop further by studying ACCA.
We actively encourage promoting our people from within and the following is an example of how your career path could look from day 1:
- Apprentice Accounts Support Coordinator, interested in studying AAT Level 2/3. Earning £10,000 per annum for the first 12 months;
- After 12 months, your salary will be reviewed with an increase applied to £14,000 per annum or National Minimum Wage (whichever is greater);
- Upon successful completion of 15 months employment, a permanent contract will be issued whilst you study AAT Level 4;
- Upon successful completion of AAT Level 4, your salary will be reviewed and your future earning potential in this role is up to £19,000 per annum.
From here, the opportunities continue and the progression route typically looks like:
- Trainee Accountant with potential basic earnings of between £19,000 - £22,000
- Accountant with potential basic earnings of between £23,000 - £32,000
- Senior Accountant with potential basic earnings of between £28,000 - £33,000
- Team Manager with potential basic earnings of between £34,400 - £42,400
Progress as far as you wish!
You will need to be good with numbers and have excellent IT skills.
Good accountants are conscientious and thorough with excellent attention to detail. To complete the apprenticeship, you will need to be keen to learn, enthusiastic about starting a career in Accounting and open to taking advice from experienced members of staff.
To become an Accounting Apprentice, you will need strong GCSE or equivalent grades in maths & English.
Training to be provided
- Foundation Certificate in Accounting - Level 2
- Functional skills if required
Paragon Skills are one of the leading training providers in the country. We have the ENERGY & EXPERIENCE to give you the EDGE in kick starting your career. Our Personal Tutors will deliver outstanding teaching and learning to help ENERGISE you to complete your apprenticeship training and leave you confident to EXECUTE tasks to the highest standard.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.