Reporting to the Director. Responsibilities will include:
- Scan client documents to files
- Input accounting information to bookkeeping records
- Ensure all data is accurately recorded, undertaking appropriate checks
- Create basic profit and loss statements
- Deal with clients via telephone/email to clarify information
- Update client records as required
To progress through further levels of AAT accreditation and onward to Chartership - dependent upon your starting point with a realistic opportunity to progress and develop with a forward-thinking employer.
You will bring a genuine willingness and enthusiasm to work in a busy office and be able to display a thoughtful and professional attitude at all times
Timeliness is important to this role and candidates should ensure that they are able to travel to the employer's premises in line with working hours:
3 Sharrow Lane
Ideally, we are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Some basic experience/understanding of accounts
- Bookkeeping experience (although not necessary)
- Ability to understand and learn new software packages
- Hard worker, enthusiastic, motivated
- Friendly and professional approach and proactive and methodical approach to work.
- Demonstrate attention to details
- Professional telephone etiquette
- Can organise workload and work on own initiative
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Work as part of a team
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English Language.
Level 2 Accounts / Finance Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- College attendance - one day per week City Campus in term time – September 2021
The two EPA assessment methods are:
- Structured interview (supported by a portfolio of evidence summary)
- In-tray test
Both assessment methods will be conducted and graded by an independent EPAO.