Reporting to the Accounts Manager.
As an Apprentice Accounts Assistant, you will have a broad range of responsibilities to carry out as your work toward your AAT Foundation certificate in accounting (Level 2).
- Assist in processing invoices
- Assist in preparing payment runs for sign off
- Assist in processing Direct Debits
- Ad-hoc payments
- Liaises with the care homes to determine their product needs
- Monitors business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Nurture relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for company
- Assesses total costs of company purchases
- Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels
- Implement necessary stock control measures
- Journal creation and entry
- Confident and accurate written and verbal communication skills
Sustained employment with further accredited training towards realistic opportunities to progress for the committed and ambitious individual.
Candidates will need to ensure sustainable transport to reach our location of:
Dunston Technology Park,
- Good IT skills including experience in using Microsoft Office packages
- Good personal organisation and administrative skills with the ability to self- organise and meet competing deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Presents and conducts self professionally
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written skill required
- Ability to report and record accurately
- Flexible approach to duties and working pattern
- Adaptable and reliable
- Team player
- Willingness to undertake training as required and to learn and develop new skills
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 2 Accounts / Finance Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- AAT Foundation certificate in Accounting (Level 2)
- 1 day per week attendance Sheffield College – City Campus
The two EPA assessment methods are:
- Structured interview (supported by a portfolio of evidence summary)
- In-tray test
Both assessment methods will be conducted and graded by an independent EPAO.