- Working to support the Directors, accounts team and subsidiary companies you will be handling the inputting and payment of purchase invoices, sales invoicing and posting receipts
- Posting journals
- Reconciling accounts
- Answering the phone
- Booking accommodation, flights, setting up meetings, preparing presentations and carry out other duties as they arise
The Company would support ongoing studies such as AAT making this an excellent opportunity for advancement for an enthusiastic, self-motivated applicant.
Potential to progress into a full time position for the right candidate.
The office is quiet and in a remote rural location and you will be working in a small team. The role will involve long periods of working on a computer. in addition to assisting and training in accountancy you will be asked to complete general administrative tasks and support the work of all members of the team. You may, occasionally, be asked to work at our other offices in Suffolk should the need arise.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates. For updates on the National Living Wage please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/national-living-wage-increase-to-protect-workers-living-standards
- Applicants need to be numerate and accurate and have a good understanding of Excel spreadsheets
- Good organisational skills along with strong grades in maths and English GCSEs
- A team player with a positive attitude who is trustworthy, methodical and dependable
- A self motived individual looking to increase their knowledge base and engage with all areas of the business
Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs including English and Maths at grades 9 - 4 for an Advanced Apprenticeship and 9 - 3 for an Intermediate. Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship. PLEASE NOTE: Those without the stated entry requirements or awaiting GCSE retake grades, may be offered an appointment to come into college (Ipswich or Suffolk Rural (Otley) campus) and sit an online assessment to confirm program suitability.
AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting Level 2. An Accounts / Finance Assistant is an integral part of the team responsible for maintaining an efficient and accurate finance function within the business. This would include basic bookkeeping duties, working with sales and ledger, running calculations, to ensure that records and payments are correct.
The apprentice will complete an End point Assessment to demonstrate that they can perform knowledge, skills and behaviours in their occupation.