Apprentice Accountant Associate with The Financial Conduct Authority - Master's Degree (Level 7)
THE FINANCIAL CONDUCT AUTHORITY
BPP PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION LIMITED
The Operations division provides the platform and tools to enable the FCA to deliver on its statutory objectives. The Division is split into seven areas (COO’s office, Business and Technology Solutions, Corporate Responsibility, Cyber Information & Resilience, Finance & Business Services, HR and Procurement).
What does this job involve?
- The key responsibilities of a Apprentice Accountant in Finance will include:
- Monthly reporting (including journal processing & balance sheet reconciliations)
- Preparing quarterly Forecasts
- Budget setting
- Assisting in the production of timely and insightful management information to senior leadership
- Providing other support to the Senior Finance Analysts as required, including assisting with answering ad hoc queries, variance analysis and assisting with audit queries
- Continuous Improvement – always looking to develop and improve processes and procedures
Career and family leave, flexible working options, a minimum of 25 days’ holiday, a non-contributory pension, private healthcare, interest-free season ticket loans, a performance-based bonus, a subsidised on-site fitness centre (London only), a subsidised restaurant, charity and volunteering initiatives, sports and social clubs, a reflection and multi-faith room and free eye tests.
Apprentices who successfully complete their professional qualification and apprenticeship programme will be considered for a permanent role within the FCA.
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).
BPP have a dedicated team who support students with disabilities, learning difficulties, health conditions and wellbeing. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or would like more information.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages (including Excel in particular)
- Good numerical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to organise information in a comprehensible manner
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Capable of working effectively as part of a team and supporting others
- An analytical mind – enjoys problem solving and understanding new issues
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- A thorough and organised approach – able to manage a variety of tasks and issues, prioritising appropriately
- An interest in the financial services sectors and regulation
- Excellent judgement with ability to raise issues on a timely and appropriate basis
- Flexibility and willingness to take on new tasks and responsibilities and to adapt to change
- Minimum of 2 A Levels at grades A*-C (or equivalent) – including one in a numerical subject e.g. Maths, Economics, Finance
- In addition to 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (C) including Maths and English or equivalent qualifications
As an Accounting Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Accountancy Taxation Professional Apprenticeship at Level 7. Within the apprenticeship you will undertake the ACCA professional qualification.
The apprenticeship will be completed at a BPP centre or via the Online Classroom platform, in addition to at the workplace.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.