We are looking for a driven, professional school / college leaver who would be interested in pursuing a career within accounting.
We are providing a personalised service to business owners and individuals.
Joining as an Accounting Apprentice, you will be providing accountancy and business support services to a portfolio of clients, operating across various industries. You will be working under the guidance of the senior accountants.
We are a well-established firm that embraces all of the latest technology enabling us to provide up to date real-time support to our clients. We are dynamic and continue to grow.
We are recruiting for a staff member who will report to the partner and senior members of the team. This role will involve contributing to the provision of an excellent range of accounting and tax services to all of our clients. The ideal candidate will be process driven, be able to take a common-sense approach and use analytical skills.
The duties will be:
- Post trial balances on to accounts software
- Analyse bank statements in to cash books in excel and post on to accounts software
- Complete accounts file working papers in excel
- Apply accounting principles
- Identify client queries
- Post any accounting journals and disclosure data into accounts software
- Complete a file for signing pack
- Bookkeeping in accountancy software
- Preparation of Payroll reports
- Ad hoc administrative duties as needed by the office
You will be part of the practice’s continued expansion and will be expected to want to progress within the company whilst completing the AAT qualification. There will also be the opportunity to carry out further study upon completion of the AAT. The Company will provide study support towards all professional accountancy qualifications.
- Competent on Excel, Word and Outlook
- Adaptable and wanting to develop skills across various fields of accountancy and taxation
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to balance workloads to manage the needs of various clients
- Attention to detail is essential
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Proactive and willing to take on increased responsibility when ready
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good relationship building skills
- You will need to be flexible and be prepared to help others when needed
- You will also have the ability to be able to work within a team
A or B in at least 5 GCSEs (including maths and English Language) or minimum 120 UCAS points (BBB) at A level or equivalent.
AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting – Level 3
Functional Skills in maths and English if required
The Advanced Diploma in Accounting covers a range of complex accounting tasks, including maintaining cost accounting records and the preparation of reports and returns. You’ll learn and master a number of accounting disciplines including financial processes, advanced bookkeeping, final accounts and ethical practices for accountants.
Top five skills you’ll gain:
- The importance of professional ethics in the working environment
- Use of spreadsheets to manage information in the accounting environment
- Analysing variances
- Reconciling ledgers
- Making provisions for doubtful and irrecoverable debts