What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be working in a small team, reporting to a Client Accounts Manager. Duties include:
- Working on a varied client portfolio
- Managing relationships with clients and contacts
- Preparing accounts for both incorporated & unincorporated entity
- Managing bookkeeping for clients and completion of VAT returns
- Preparing management accounts
- Keeping manager informed of assignments in progress
- Corresponding with clients in a professional and friendly manner
- Contacting clients to obtain information required and to provide a quality service
- Promoting a positive image of the firm to clients at all times
- Replying to client queries in a timely fashion
- Remaining technically up to date through attendance on courses and regular technical reading and ensuring that subordinate staff are trained as required
- Undertaking other work as reasonably requested by the manger from time to time.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
20% of your contracted working hours will be spent on training. Training is anything that leads to you learning skills, knowledge and behaviours relevant to the apprenticeship. It will include mentoring, shadowing, day release, meetings with your assessor, written work, putting together a portfolio of evidence etc.
You will attend East Sussex College's Eastbourne Campus, once per week, term time only.
You will complete the Level 2 Accounts-Finance Assistant Apprenticeship Standard. After your final assessment (End Point Assessment) you will receive a grade Pass or Distinction. On top of this you will receive a Level 2 AAT Diploma, at grade Pass.
If you don't have a Level 2 qualfiication in maths and English (C/4 or above or Level 2 Functional Skills) you will be required to undertake Functional Skills alongside the apprenticeship. You will need to complete Level 1 however we will look to upskill you to Level 2.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Accountancy offers a ‘job for life’ we have 4 current employers who joined us from school and have been with us for between 5-12 years.
One of which is an associate and will potentially be a director/future owner.
Achieving the AAT qualification alongside an office role will make the student very marketable and will have good career opportunities both within and without our company.
Reality CheckSome experience or exposure to accountancy either in practice or at school/college would be beneficial but is not required. All levels considered (2,3,4) It is hybrid based, after an initial settling in period the norm would be 3 days at home and 2 days in the office, more office time can be arranged if preferable. We offer flexitime, 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), funded staff events twice a year at least, even cakes for your birthday! The right candidates will be treated to many benefits including: • Competitive salary • Flexitime • Generous holidays (including a holiday purchase scheme) • Duvet days • Hybrid working • Dress for your day policy • Regular training • Paperless office • Friendly working environment.
Skills RequiredIT literate, Analytically minded, Team worker
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English Literature or Language and maths (Grade 4/C/Level 2 Functional Skills) Desired