What will the apprentice be doing?
You will largely be working on accounts preparation, bookkeeping, VAT, personal and corporate tax returns. As part of your role, you will also assist in some of the day to day functions that are essential to keeping the office running smoothly.
Responsibilities will include:
- Bookkeeping in the office
- Preparation of VAT returns for review
- Preparation of accounts for review (includes unincorporated and incorporated entities)
- Preparation of personal, partnership and company tax returns and computations for review
- Completion of jobs as efficiently as possible
- New client set ups including the preparation of client engagement letters and 64-8s as instructed
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The instructor leads a live online training session so you can learn at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home or office. A full training schedule is provided upon a confirmed start date, however training is typical 1 day per week.
- AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting
- Management Accounting: Budgeting
- Management Accounting: Decision and Control
- Financial Statements of Limited Companies
- Accounting Systems and Controls
- Professional Diploma Synoptic Assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After successfully achieving the AAT Level 3 qualification, the candidate will go on to complete the Level 4 AAT Apprenticeship training, with a view of further professional qualifications. There is the opportunity to progress to a more senior level with the firm and a career within accountancy.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Creative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired