The Academy Assistant will manage and organise the recruitment and application of apprentice candidates. This includes recruitment outreach, building and maintaining relationships with candidate sources and regularly contacting them about our current opportunities. Sources include Schools, Colleges, careers advisors, Universities, job centres, youth organisations etc. This also includes liaising with the National Apprenticeship Service and our partner training provider, Apprentify, to help recruit candidates.
They will be responsible for processing and managing apprentice applications which includes:
- Using our CRM system (training provided)
- Communication regularly with candidates (including successful/unsuccessful emails)
- Inviting candidates to take online assessments and keeping track of their progress and updating records using Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Supporting candidates with their applications and running workshops for them
- Managing video applications through WhatsApp (company phone provided)
- Managing applications and sending to potential employers
You will assist the Academy Co-ordinator to plan and manage events including:
- Academy social events
- Recruitment days
- Open evenings
- Boot camps and graduations (and the remote/online versions of these)
What you could go on to do:
Possible progression within the company and progression onto the next level apprenticeship.
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
- More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
- Any training you need to complete
- What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
Possible progression within the company and progression onto the next-level apprenticeship upon completion.
- Good communication skills
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office packages e.g. Excel, Word, Google Documents/Sheets, CRM systems and task lists
Highly organised, implementing effective systems and strategies to ensure the effective communication with candidates and Academy team, as well as maintaining a real time, accurate list of potential apprentices/recruitment & candidate sources.
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)