Responsibilities will include
- Dealing with support requests via, phone and email
- Provide support across the estate, mainly within a Microsoft Infrastructure
- Identify root causes of recurring incidents
- Respond to and resolve tickets
- Drive continuous improvements and deliver the best solutions
- Be involved with project rollouts (deploying new devices) both remotely and onsite
This is a great opportunity for you to develop skills that will enhance your career in IT. With a Primary Goal apprenticeship, you will gain the knowledge to be able to move into a technical or curriculum-focused role. The opportunities are immense! We also offer a progressive step in some cases, onto our Level 4 Network Engineer apprenticeship programme.
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills
- Has experience working with children / young people is desirable
- Is committed to completing the full apprenticeship programme
- Has the ability to work well in a team and independently using their own initiative
- Has a true passion for new and emerging technology
- Is enthusiastic about digital developments and has an active interest in IT and keeps up to date with current technology and trends
- Has a true passion for technology
- Has a passion to learn with enthusiasm and motivation to achieve success
- Loves helping others and enjoys working with people of all ages
- Feels confident using hardware, software, and other technical devices
We require someone who is educated to GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 3 Infrastructure technician
- Comprehensive digital pre-apprenticeship induction programme (including health and safety, safeguarding, PREVENT, technical and curriculum specifics)
- e-learning training materials
- Specialist vendor and technical certificates
- Access to practice labs to develop technical competency
- 12 training days with Tablet Academy (specialist technology curriculum partner)
- Curriculum knowledge base (lesson plans, resources etc)
- Monthly assessor visits and competency checks
- Support desk (technical, curriculum and pastoral)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Key Skills development
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities module
You will also have the opportunity to network with a range of other apprentices on our programme who can share ideas, offer suggestions and support. Our apprentices love being able to help each other!
As one of our apprentices you will also have access to our online portal that will provide you with information and technical guidance, as well as links to the helpdesk to speak to technicians who can give real-time advice and support.