What will the apprentice be doing?
- To provide effective first line IT assistance across our 500+ user Pan-European environment.
- Assisting the support of the main in-house logistics program manager.
- Log/Update/Resolve calls on the I.T Helpdesk call management system (Easy Vista).
- Escalating IT issues within the I.T Helpdesk structure.
- Provide remote support to staff via email, telephone and remote-control tools.
- Diagnosing and resolving application issues.
- Providing support on small- to medium-sized IT projects.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Why choose our Junior Developer Level 3 apprenticeship?
QA’s Junior Developer Level 3 apprenticeship develops digital skills and provide the technical grounding needed to become a well-rounded, entry-level programmer.
Junior Developers work as part of a software development team to build simple software components on web, mobile or desktop apps to be used by other members of the team as part of larger software development projects.
QA’s Junior Developer Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Interpret simple design requirements for discrete components of a project under supervision
- Implement code which other team members have developed to produce required components
Gain the following qualifications upon successful completion of the Junior Developer Level 3 programme:
- Software Development Technician Level 3
- BCS Certificate in Systems Development Context and Methodologies
- BCS Certificate in Programming
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there will be an opportunity to join P&O on a full-time basis - where future development will be encouraged.
Reality CheckImportant Information: QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Telephone manner, Multitasking skills
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 6 of any subject including Maths (Grade 4+ (A - C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential