Antenna Electromagnetics Degree Apprentice
LEONARDO MW LTD
We are looking to recruit the technical experts of the future through our outstanding Apprenticeship Programmes. We are looking for talented, enthusiastic people who have a passion for Science & Engineering to join our Engineering Degree Apprenticeship programme. We want you to help us by joining our highly skilled teams, work alongside some of the most talented people in the UK, and help us design our world leading electronic systems installed on fast jet, UAV, land and naval platforms
You will be given the opportunity to develop skills within Electronics, primarily within the fields of Electromagnetics and Antenna Design.
Duties will include:
- You will get the opportunity to develop lifelong skills with the support of world class experts in their field
- You will learn a wide range of skills ranging from the development of electronics systems to beyond 30GHz, model cutting edge antenna designs and simulating electromagnetic effects
- You will learn how to assess your work in our well-equipped laboratories in order to help develop robust designs that will function reliably in harsh environments to enable decades of use
- You will work closely with engineers across multiple disciplines to solve problems
- You will be required to share your time between the workplace and university as part of your job
- We will encourage you to apply your developing academic skills to solve problems, generate ideas and be a part of the development of the next generation of products
- To succeed in this great opportunity you will consistently show commitment to the successful completion of all your academic work
Leonardo values people with a passion for technical analysis, judgement and problem-solving. We reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual incremental pay increases
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Pension scheme (Contributory)
- Cycle to Work initiative
- A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around
- Ability to achieve high performance
- Want continuous improvement
- Develop customer focus
- Able to work together
- Demonstrate self-awareness and confidence
- Please note that in order to apply for this opportunity you must be eligible for UK Security Clearance. Normally this is to the level of Security Check (typically known as “SC”) for our business
- 3 x A levels 8-4 (Grade A-C) (or equivalent)
- Mandatory: Mathematics and either Physics or a Technology/Engineering subject
And Preferred: another STEM subject
- 5 GCSE grades 9 - 4 or grades A*- C or equivalent,
- Mandatory: English Language, Mathematics and a Science subject Plus 2 subjects
N.B. If the applicant has no 'A levels' but has achieved a BTEC Extended Diploma in Engineering we will accept the application, with the caveat that based on your existing mathematics qualifications it may be required that you attend one of our universities Maths Bridging Courses, which aims to ease the transition between college and university mathematics. The Maths taught in this course does not carry any credit towards your degree.
Engineering Manufacture Degree Apprenticeship:
Leonardo prides itself on recruiting the very best. Our companies run flourishing graduate and apprentice schemes for some 400 young people nationwide.
We actively participate with other educational and engineering partners to help shape and develop the training and qualifications we offer to ensure that our future apprenticeship schemes continue to meet the expectation of our applicants and to match local and national standards.
Boasting a current retention rate that has seen 95% of apprentices stay with our companies at the end of their schemes, Leonardo understands that the future of its high-tech business rests in the hands of the next generation of engineers.
BSC (Hons) or BEng (Hons) degree in an appropriate engineering discipline
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
About the employer
Leonardo is one of the UK's leading aerospace companies and one of biggest suppliers of defence and security equipment to the UK.
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.