Start the day with a morning scrum meeting to say hi to the team and find out what everyone is doing.
- Work with other engineers on tasks set out in Jira
- Work with designers to evaluate designs and ask about behaviours
- Write and review code
- Review colleagues code
- Test your work
- Take part in User Testing
- Have fun!
After your Software Engineering apprenticeship, you can progress into a junior developer role (this includes web and app development). You'll have the skills to continue growing within a tech team, and have enough knowledge/experience to pick up new languages with ease. Software Engineering Level 4 will also provide a good foundation for transitioning into data science.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Interest in technology and science
- Passionate & hard working
- Willing to learn
- Excited and driven to pursue a career in Software Engineering
- Five GCSE grades C - A* (4-9) or equivalent, including English and Maths
- Level 3 qualification (A level, BTEC or equivalent)
- Three months' prior coding experience
Training on the 18 month Standard Level 4 Software Developer (SWE4) apprenticeship.
Being a WhiteHat apprentice means access to awesome social events, sports teams, insight/career days with other apprentices to grow your network, as well as your own personal Coach who will guide you through the qualification to help you achieve your full potential.
As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness and grit.