Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Feeding sheep and cattle
- Bedding cattle and sheep
- Tractor driving
- Setting up sessions for instructors
- Estates skills work- fencing, strimming
- Keeping a tidy and clean farm yard
Potential to become a full-time technician.
- The farm is at a remote location so you would need your own transport
- Starting salary dependent on experience
- As an apprentice you can apply for a NUS Apprentice extra card which can be used at hundreds of high street and online brands. https://www.apprenticeextra.co.uk/
- Tractor driving experience
- Livestock experience
- Good communication
- Team player
GCSE grade C/4 or above in English and maths (or equivalent). (If you do not already meet these criteria, we will ask you to sit initial assessments to indicate which level you are currently working at).
Intermediate Stockperson (beef, pigs, sheep, dairy) Standard.
- Day release to our Brooksby Campus (Part of the SMB Group)
- Functional skills if necessary
- On-the-job training
- Off-the-job training