Working within the Parts Department, you will be the first point of contact for our customers over the telephone and in branch so it's vital they have a welcoming experience. Our customers expect a high level of service and parts expertise and we don't like to disappoint!
Working as part of a team, the Parts Advisor role will be both demanding and rewarding. You will be an essential contact with Scania's Workshop Teams and external customers. You will need to build rapport with peers and customers, to provide an excellent service. You will ensure that the Workshop Teams and customers' needs and requirements for parts are met through the effective use of parts catalogues and computer stock lists.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Being the first point of contact both face to face and over the telephone and delivering excellent customer service.
- Checking incoming stock against delivery notes and store stock in correct locations.
- Handling, storing and receiving stock, payments, procedures, identifying, sourcing and ordering parts.
- Support customers and workshop staff with parts identification and process.
- Process cash and card payments for customer parts
- Ensure quality is maintained throughout all stages to exceed customersâ expectations
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to build positive relationships with the customer and to interpret customer needs
At Scania, they invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout their Global organisation.
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications Travel: Please check you are able to travel to Scania Sheffield branch easily each day.
You will need to have a high level of attention to detail with a clear positive attitude to work and the determination to succeed.
We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and want to deliver great customer service
- Minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) grades of 9* - 3 (A - D) in English and Maths
Supply chain warehouse operative (level 2)
As part of the apprentice role, you will be carrying out tasks such as picking and packing, moving stock around, maintaining stock records, receiving deliveries and cleaning. You will be checking stock for damages and will be loading goods ready for delivery. You will learn how to safely use a variety of machinery, equipment and potentially vehicles that are common to a warehouse environment. You will learn the essential health and safety policies and procedures involved in the warehouse industry and will also develop key interpersonal skills as you will be required to communicate with a wide variety of people, both internally and externally. As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
Functional Skills in English & Maths Level 1 and upskill to Level 2