Our Advisory Team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. Whether it’s buying a new business, expanding internationally or struggling with financial difficulties, our team provide support and solutions that help businesses overcome challenges.
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons:
Our Advisory Team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. Whether it’s buying a new business, expanding internationally or struggling with financial difficulties, our team provide support and solutions that help businesses overcome challenges. The teamwork across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, you’ll be exposed to some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
We’ll help you succeed:
The Advisory Apprenticeship Programme is your opportunity to combine work experience with achieving your professional qualifications. We’ll provide the training in skills, behaviours and professional knowledge you’ll need not just to pass your exams, but also to become an exceptional BDO advisor. For the first two years, you’ll study towards the Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business qualification (CFAB) or the Association of Tax Technician qualification (ATT). If you pass all your exams and complete your learning plan, you’ll be a qualified accountant within four years and achieve a Level 7 Accountancy/Taxation Professional Apprenticeship. Our pass results are often up to 10% above the national average. This is a unique opportunity to qualify in a working environment with a network of exceptional colleagues who will be invested in helping you achieve your full potential.
As part of that, you’ll:
- Study towards your qualification
- Be assigned a senior colleague as a buddy to personally mentor you
- Have access to specialist support for your professional exams
- Be given real professional responsibility that will help you grow
- Enjoy a supportive culture where colleagues are invested in your career
You don’t need to know exactly which business area of qualification you want to begin at this stage. We’ll give you as much information as possible throughout the process to find the one that best matches.
Business area overview:
- Providing a point of contact for the client
- Act as a responsible representative of the firm in all dealings with the client
- Identify and understand client needs, communicating and agreeing these with the senior and the manager
- Rigorous project and financial management on all accounting work
- Day to day contact with all members of the team and wider firm so that strong working relationships are developed
- Acting as a responsible member of the team, providing support, development and guidance to other members of the team
- Actively seeking self-development feedback
- Producing work for senior and manager review which requires little further input, clearly highlights issues and provides potential solutions to issues identified
- Successfully study towards your professional qualification and, where relevant, corresponding apprenticeship
When you join us:
We’ll make your growth our priority. If you’re right for us, you’ll thrive in an environment built to help you succeed. We’re looking forward to the future. At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 5,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them? Apply now.
If you pass all your exams and complete your learning plan, you’ll be a qualified accountant within four years and achieve a Level 7 Accountancy/Taxation Professional Apprenticeship. Our pass results are often up to 10% above the national average.
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).
BPP have a dedicated team who support students with disabilities, learning difficulties, health conditions and wellbeing. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or would like more information.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Ability and commitment to balance study and professional work
- Strong desire to understand our business and achieve your full potential
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you’re right for us, you’ll thrive in an environment built to help you succeed.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Three A-levels or equivalent at A* to C excluding General Studies and Extended Projects (obtained or predicted)
- A* to C/9-4 in maths and English at GCSE/Scottish Standards or equivalent (non-UK qualifications also considered)
As an Accounting Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Accountancy Taxation Professional Apprenticeship at Level 7. Within the apprenticeship you will undertake the ACCA professional qualification.
The apprenticeship will be completed at a BPP centre or via the Online Classroom platform, in addition to at the workplace.