This fast-paced practical role will equip you with the knowledge to develop your career; grow and learn in the role whilst working on a diverse mix of client accounts, utilising data analysis skills and driving results.
About the role:
You will work alongside the Digital Account Team on all digital channels such as Paid Social, Paid Search and Programmatic Display along with getting an insight to other media channels that are planned and booked throughout the agency on a multitude of clients in various sectors including gambling, lifestyle, fashion and finance.
You need to be a team player who is flexible and who can switch throughout the various sectors of clients we have in the agency.
The right candidate will be given training across:
- The foundations of advertising
- Advertising for TV & radio
- The advertising campaign lifecycle and management
- How data plays a vital role in the media buying process
- Video on Demand
- Sponsorship & TV trading
- Producing TV adverting spot lists for an array of clients on a daily basis
- Update overnight and consolidated viewing data across client campaigns
- Monitoring competitor activity and producing competitor reports using Excel, PowerPoint and industry tools
- Updating campaign monitoring reports & dashboards
- Downloading campaign performance data from industry tools and creating reports
- Approving client TV & VOD bookings to media owners
- Manoeuvring TV airtime to deliver client campaign KPIs
- Undertake ad-hoc reporting for the wider media team as and when required to do so
- Act as a positive advocate for the company at all times
Permanent role as a Broadcast Media Executive and beyond.
This is an apprenticeship role - all training will be provided.
- Computer literate, i.e. good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint in particular
- Strong administrative skills
- A keen attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workloads while working to multiple deadlines
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and good presentation skills
- Organised and detail-oriented
- Highly motivated and passionate about digital media
- Comfortable with large amounts of numerical data
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to think both strategically and tactically
- 5 GCSEs grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English and maths)
Advertising & Media Executive Level 3 standard.
An advertising and media executive will help with the day to day progress of the whole advertising process, from receiving the brief from the marketing team, including objectives, budget and timescales, through to the measurement of how effective the advertisement has been. In their daily work, they will interact with many other people, processes and systems. (For example, the client, 3rd party suppliers, the broad team at the agency.) They help campaigns move forward, coping with inevitable setbacks and changes in direction (some at the last minute), whilst showing collaboration and maintaining relationships with all. Usually, they report to an Account or Media Manager.
They usually specialise in one of two parts of the advertising process: the first is the process of producing the advertisement (creative); the second is the process of distributing the advertisement (media). Apprentices must therefore complete the core apprenticeship and one of these options.
Training Sessions Overview:
- Seminar 1: Preparing for your apprenticeship
- Seminar 2: Preparing for your employer
- Seminar 3: Introduction to advertising
- Seminar 4: The foundation of advertising
- Seminar 5: Understanding commercial
- Seminar 6: Advertising campaigns
- Seminar 7: Advertising and Media standards & legislation
- Seminar 8: Principles of Project Management
- Seminar 9: Supply Chain Management
- Seminar 10: Principles of third party
- Seminar 11: The briefing and approval processes
- Seminar 12: The media buying process - TV
- Seminar 13: The media buying process – Out of home, Radio and Print.
- Seminar 14: Negotiation techniques
- Seminar 15: Data and media metrics
- Seminar 16: Data and media metrics – Practical Excel session
- Seminar 17: Media planning
- Seminar 18: Distribution of Creative through the appropriate channels
- Seminar 19: Evaluating campaign performance
For a full overview of the Advertising & Media Executive standard, please click on the following link: