What will the apprentice be doing?
As a Machinist in the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering sector, you are predominantly involved in highly skilled, complex and precision work. Machining components from specialist materials using conventional and/or CNC machine tools such as:
- Centre lathes.
- Vertical and horizontal milling machines.
- Horizontal and cylindrical grinding machines.
- Electro discharge machines.
- Single and multi- axis CNC machine tools centres.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprentices will be required to attend college at least x1 day per week either at Uxbridge, Harrow or Hayes Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship.
The apprentice will be required to:
- Employer approved Level 2 Foundation Competence qualification
- Employer approved Level 3 Development Competence qualification
- Employer approved Level 3 Development Technical Knowledge qualification
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
- Skills, Knowledge, and Behaviours.
- Standard and End Point Assessment.
- Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT (if required).
Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?Skilled engineer, Team leader
Reality CheckThe applicant should live in the Harrow area if at all possible.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4-9) Essential